When Nicholas went to bed on March 31st, he told us that the next day was April Fool's day. Not really sure where he picked it up, but probably at school. Kids pick up everything at school these days, so if my kid comes home knowing about April Fool's day, then I feel ok.
Greg came home late last night, just as the kids were getting ready to go upstairs and get ready for bed. When Greg came upstairs, Nicholas yells out to him, "Dad, it's really coming down outside." I was in the kitchen and I actually looked outside to see if it was raining. It didn't look like it, but then again, we'd been having such crappy weather and it was all cloudy and dark yesterday, so I thought maybe it was raining and I just couldn't tell from the angle I was looking out.
Greg: "I just came from outside and it wasn't raining. I must have just missed it."
Nicholas: "Come look. It's really coming down. Hurry."
Greg (running up the stairs to the front window): "Really? That was fast."
Nicholas: "Gotcha--I made you look! April Fool's day!"
The humor in that exchange doesn't come through quite as well written down as it did last night between them. It was pretty funny in person. Really.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is so cute to read about what all these little kids came up with for April Fools.
Does Nicholas know he's funny? If he doesn't, don't tell him because then he might try too hard to be funny all the time, and he's hilarious just being Nicholas. I like it better that way....
Post a Comment