Wednesday, April 30, 2008

just another saturday

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

This past Saturday, the kids were supposed to have swim class, but Nicholas had been feeling a little under the weather so he decided that he didn't want to go to swim class. He said he didn't want to cough and drink the water. Anytime I don't have to get into a bathing suit while being 8 months pregnant is fine with me. Sophia, on the other hand, was a little disappointed about missing swim class. She loves jumping in the pool. I'll be glad when Greg is done with his Saturday teaching and data collection for his dissertation.

Anyway, Nicholas needed a haircut in a big way, so we went to Snippets instead and he got about 10 pounds of hair cut off. It seems like he gets a haircut and the next thing I know, he's got a thick mop on his head again. Here's the "after" shot - although now that I look at it, his head looks kind of fuzzy. I assure you it looks better in person, especially when he's not looking at the camera at a funny angle (and you're not distracted by Sophia preening next to him...).



The kids had been asking to go to Trader Joe's to get lime bars so I promised them we would go...after a quick stop at Joann's fabric store. It was a bold move on my part, since it was close to lunch and Sophia's naptime, but I hate driving up to Lincoln Park, so I had to make the most of this trip. I told Nicholas he could pick out an art or craft project and I told Sophia we would find something to make her time worthwhile. We passed by the bridal section and the purple and pink row of tulle caught her eye. Since she had been on a ballerina/princess/queen kick lately, I told her that we could make her a tutu. She was thrilled and decided she wanted two - pink and purple. I know. Shocking. Then we waited in line for 35 minutes to get 2 yards of the tulle cut. Nicholas decided his legs hurt. Sophia, if not for the death grip she had on the tulle and ribbon, would have been rolling on the floor.

Well, we finally made it out of there, got lime bars at TJ's, came home, Sophia took a nap, and I made tutus. And she has been wearing them non-stop, except for church and school. She wore them for her nap and puts them on when she wakes up. Her favorite is to wear them with nothing else but her underwear, but I think we have convinced her that ballerinas and princesses wear shirts and pants, too. Especially when the go outside to garden.


1 comments:

Heath'e' said...

She is adorable!! I love the crown and the tutu's but I really love her cheesy grin.

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates ►