Sunday, July 6, 2008

getting to know naomi

Sunday, July 6, 2008
In the past week since we've been home, here's what we have learned about Miss Naomi:

1. She likes to eat. And by eat, I mean, she likes to nurse all day and all night, if I let her.
2. She likes to eat. And when she's not nursing, she likes to eat her hands. Or the mittens or socks that cover them.
3. She likes to scratch her face. And no matter how much I try to file down her little nails smooth, she manages to find a scraggly bit that's just big enough to gouge her little face.
4. She likes to poop...which brings us to #5.
5. She does NOT like to get her diaper changed. Rarely have we had a change where she is quiet. See #6.
6. She has lungs like no other and she likes to use them. We think this is because she is just getting some practice for when she has to fight for her rights against her big brother and sister in a year or so. I am convinced when the windows are open that our neighbors think we are either beating her or neglecting her, neither of which, of course, is the case. We are merely cleaning her poopy nether-regions.
7. She is usually quiet when Nicholas or Sophia hold her. We think this is because like all siblings, they have a secret language where they are plotting against their parents.
8. She doesn't open her eyes very often, as Sophia will tell you, but when she does, she's pretty stinkin' cute.
9. Like her daddy, she likes to sleep with one arm under her head.
10. She's really loud...did I already mention that?

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates