Thursday, August 7, 2008

have i told you i love you today?

Thursday, August 7, 2008
Greg and I celebrated our 10-year anniversary today. It was a little crazy since we are still trying to figure out Naomi, but we did manage to go out for dinner while my in-laws babysat all three kids last night and we are headed to Kauai in two weeks (with our children, but since his parents are also going, maybe we'll be able to work in a date night somewhere--even if we don't, you can't complain too much about being in Hawaii, right?)

Anyway, a few months ago, a friend of mine who used to work with me and I were reading an article about how many couples today don't make it very long married and that many don't even make it to what used to be the 7-year itch. She asked me if such a thing existed and if Greg and I had that. I told her that we had a baby about 2 months before our 7 year anniversary, so if we had an itch, we were too sleep-deprived to notice. But honestly, seeing what some of my single friends go through while dating makes me all too thankful to be out of that scene.

It is kind of neat that we've been married 10 years, since we dated for 4 years before that. I mean, I've known Greg for 17 years--that's almost half of my entire life. I feel very fortunate to have found him and to have married him. We have a great time together, even if it's just running errands together like going to Costco (no, really). Anyway, I can gush on and on about how my husband can beat up your husband, but I won't. He already knows I think the world of him. Love you.

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates