Wednesday, August 13, 2008

beijing 2008

Wednesday, August 13, 2008
I will say that I have been addicted to the Olympics since they started last Friday. While waiting for Greg to pick up my sister and her family from the airport, I was glued to the Opening Ceremonies. Loved the torch lighting--it was super cool. I also happened to find an Olympic channel that's broadcast from Korea on Dish Network. Love it. It has events that you'd never really see on NBC that are a bit off the beaten path--like archery, handball, pistol-shooting, and fencing--mostly events that have Koreans competing in them...and it's commercial free! And as much time I spend nursing Naomi these days, I'm happy to have a reason to sit in front of my TV without feeling too bad. It does help that Nicholas is about as fascinated with the events as I am. I love the Olympics - it's the rare occasion that I can watch something and root for Korea. In fact, the last time I checked the medal count, Korea had the third highest number of medals after China and the U.S.--pretty cool.

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates