Not having to labor this time and having my c-section scheduled made a huge difference on my whole experience. Not that the past two were necessarily bad, but not having to labor for 16 and 12 hours, respectively, before having c-sections made me appreciate the planned one that much more. And I was glad that Naomi decided to wait instead of coming earlier like Nicholas and Sophia. I was a lot more aware of what was going on in the operating room and afterwards. For example, I always got nauseous and threw up in recovery from the anesthesia, so this time, I made sure that they gave me a little Zofran along the way to keep me from getting sick. I also became a lot more cognizant this time of the fact that a c-section is not a delicate process--I mean, they literally push this baby out of a 4 inch incision--there is a lot of tugging and pulling involved.
I have to admit that the idea of having 3 children has not quite caught up with me yet. I mean, fundamentally, life is VERY different. But at the same time, having two other children at home means that life continues much in the way it did before. Anyway, at the end of the day, I did end up with another completely adorable little being with chubby cheeks like her siblings and who confirms for me, in my now brief moments of lucidity, that the weeks of swollen legs and being uncomfortable and even the delivery process itself is absolutely worth the result.
3 comments:
Naomi is beautiful! I love that hair! Congratulations!
Cute, cute, cute! I'm so excited to see everyone next week! We love you!
Oh my goodness. First, that place sounds like a fancy hotel instead of a hospital. Second, she so does not look like the wrinkly bald kind of newborns that I am used to. She is so cute!
Post a Comment