Wednesday, June 25, 2008

naomi olivia

Wednesday, June 25, 2008
We have officially become a family of five. Naomi Olivia arrived this morning at 11:05 a.m., weighing in at 7 pounds, 15 ounces and measuring 20 1/2 inches long. She was a good girl and waited until her scheduled date to join us. She's got a strong set of lungs (read, loud) and she is a good mix of what her big brother and sister looked like at birth. And she's got a thick, thick head of black hair...but you'll see that as soon as we post some pictures of her. So far, almost 12 hours old, she is a champ at eating, sleeping, and pooping. Nicholas and Sophia stopped by this afternoon to meet her and while both thought she was pretty cute and small, Sophia took her role as the big sister very seriously, asking, "when is it time for her to eat?", "when will you put her down in her crib?" and "is she pooping?" And she just wanted to hold her. It was very sweet. A good birthday--in fact, while at home with my mom, my sister-in-law Melanie, and their cousins, the kids baked a birthday cake for Naomi and enjoyed it for their dessert tonight.

And because no delivery of mine is complete without the cafeteria lady hair net picture, I leave you this:


6 comments:

acandiedapple said...

Congratulations! Naomi Olivia is a beautiful name. I can't wait to see pictures. I'm not surprised Sophia was such a good helper. She is going to be a great big sister.

Michelle said...

Wonderful news! Welcome Naomi Olivia. I hope you and mommy are doing well.

Alyse said...

Congrats!! So glad to hear everything went well. Hope you have a speedy recovery and she's a good sleeper for you! I look forward to seeing the pics!

Amy Gelwix said...

Congratulations! Love the name and I'm glad you all are doing well...

Claudia said...

Congratulations! she looks so adorable and I love your picture holding her with a happy smile!
your kids are so cute!
Nicholas is very handsome, Sophia melts hearts and Naomi is precious!
we miss you
Claudia Del Papa
claudiadelpapa@gmail.com

Christina said...

Ok, Hyeyoung, who looks that beautiful after delivering a baby?

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates