Saturday, February 28, 2009

home is where the heart is

Saturday, February 28, 2009
The week before I went back to work, I took the girls to visit my parents. I love going home. We do a lot of relaxing and eating when we're home. Although I do pick up after my kids, the fact that I don't have to worry about my messy house or the million things I need to get done helps me to relax and just enjoy playing with the kids and catching up with my parents. I have to admit that it's just nice to go home and BE mothered after BEING the mother all the time at home. My sister and Emma came to visit, so there was a lot of girls at home. Sophia kept pointing out how Harabuji was the "only boy" in the house. My dad joked that he was just there to be the girls' chauffeur. But he has always been so sweet with the babies--something about him always makes babies calm down and often sleep.


Sophia had a terrible cold and a nasty cough--her coughs get so bad sometimes that she gags and throws up. So during our trip, she got in two good vomits in public places: first at an Applebee's, just as we were finishing lunch, and then again at the Sprint Store while we were upgrading our cell phones. Throwing up makes Sophia very sad. And being the one who somehow got covered in the stinky vomit, I was sad for the 30 minute ride home. But when we got home, she was back to her normal self, playing the piano and her guitar (a laminated paper guitar that my niece Whitney made at school, probably when she was not too much older than Sophia is now) and singing.


Naomi cut her two bottom teeth while we were there, but aside from chewing on everything, including my face (ok, maybe it was really a slobbery kiss) she was a peach and took great naps and was fabulous on the plane ride both ways.


2 comments:

lissiemarie said...

fun to see kids. thanks for blogging. even though the world has moved to FB I still like the pics and evens of blogging.

Hyeson said...

So fun to be with you guys.... wish we could do it every week.

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates