Monday, February 2, 2009

back to work

Monday, February 2, 2009

After seven months and a week, I finally went back to work today. I was sick as a dog despite my efforts to rest and get better this past weekend, but I thought it would be poor form to call in sick today. I don't think anyone would have believed I was actually sick...they probably would have thought I was just putting off the inevitable. I was just amazed that all five of us got out the door this morning not just on time, but EARLY. On the bright side, I can now call in sick tomorrow should I wish to bag work and play hooky with Gnomes.

We hired a new nanny who the kids really like, so that makes me feel good. Her name is Barbie and she is super sweet and enthusiastic, which is great for the kids. She goes to church with us, so the kids were really excited to see her yesterday at church. In honor of Barbie's first day of work, Sophia packed up her Barbie dolls and took them to school.

Sophia and Nicholas are fairly used to having sitters and I had been reminding them that I was going back to work this week, so they were ok with everything, and looked forward to seeing Barbie today. Naomi, my little stinker, apparently went on a little bottle strike today. Apparently, she wouldn't take the bottle, even though she has no problems taking a bottle generally and she should have been hungry. I guess she must have sensed something was different about the day. Greg tried to give Naomi a bottle later on, which she eventually took, but not without some protesting. When I went back to work after Nicholas and Sophia were born, they both woke up at night to nurse for the first couple of weeks, but didn't fuss about taking a bottle during the day. But then again, Naomi likes to throw us curve balls, doesn't she? Needless to say, Naomi was pretty excited to see me come home, although I think she had ulterior motives for her happiness. I did miss the Gnomes terribly today, though. She's pretty miss-able.

2 comments:

lissiemarie said...

beautiful children!!!! She is so very pretty!

Barbie Madsen said...

haha so that's the reason for the Barbie's in her back pack. How sweet! I have had so much fun these past two weeks!! Your kids are the cutest ever!!!

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates