
In the movie, View from the Top (yes, I've watched it and I liked it, too), Mike Myers plays a wannabe flight attendant who couldn't fly because he was cross-eyed. Anyway, there's a scene where he gets all flustered and has to calm himself down by ringing a small bell and chanting, "I am a kitten." He then pretends he is a kitten grooming his whiskers.Sometimes when Greg and I get really stressed out or mad about something, one of us will start saying "I am a kitten" and it always results in us laughing and getting past the moment. So last night, I was all stressed out because Naomi had an especially bad day of not napping and as we were getting ready for dinner, Nicholas and Sophia could tell I was all wiggity. So Sophia comes up to me and says, "Say 'I am a kitten,' Mom." I couldn't understand her at first, since her "kitten" sounds like "ditten." She said it again, and at that moment, Greg and I literally started rolling on the floor and laughing so hard we had tears coming down. At that moment, it was that funny...not so much now, I suppose. But the other funny part of this was that it had been a long time since we had said it, so it's funny that Sophia even remembered it at all and that she suggested it at an appropriate situation.
1 comments:
That is hilarious! It's scary how much kids pick up on.
Post a Comment