This week was one that I am happy is almost over. Not that anything bad happened, but it was just one of the craziest weeks that we've had in a while. We had our usual weekend that ended with Greg being at church longer than he had planned and then I was up until a little before midnight to help him pack. (We did stop at my friend Julie's house and picked up Sophia's sunglasses that she had left there months ago, so Sophia wore them all day Sunday...see above photo). Anyway, I think Greg rolled into bed around 3:00 a.m., but I can't be sure. Greg was presenting at a conference in NYC on Monday, so he flew out at the crack of dawn on Monday. Then I was up at 6:00 a.m. getting ready for work, getting the kids up and dressed and fed, packed their lunches, dropped them off a two friends' houses so they can get to school, driving back home to park the car, and running to catch the train downtown--so I can get to my office and get things together for my trial that was scheduled to begin at 12:15 p.m.--only to find out that our judge had plane troubles and the trial was being postponed until 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday. Argh!
Tuesday started the same, minus Greg and running all over the neighborhood like a madwoman because it turned out that our nanny Teresa was on spring break this week and she was able to come at 7:15 a.m. and hang out with the kids until she took them to school. I {heart} Teresa. She's been really great and helpful. She has pulled me out of a lot of last minute jams and I appreciate her a ton. And she stayed with the kids until 7pm when I finally got home Tuesday night and had fed them dinner and everything.
Wednesday was a little better and I went into work a little later after I dropped the kids off at school. It was mostly a catch up/clean up day for me at the office. And I had lunch with my friend Julie who is always fun to talk to and has good perspective on things. And Greg came home and the world was right again.
So today, I took the day off from work, took Sophia to school, watched Oprah while I ate my bagel and then went to Target. I also took a nap while Sophia took a nap before Nicholas came home from school. And woke up and took a deep breath. Then I hung out on the couch with Sophia and watched the Little People. Yes, all is well with my world today (even though I told Greg that this was not one of my most flattering poses--Sophia looks cute).
2 comments:
Hey! Cute blog! It's fun to see what you're up to -- you are a busy woman!
Congratulations Hyeyoung!
It was a nice surprise to know that you are having another girl!
keep on touch!
Claudia Del Papa.
Post a Comment