Thursday, March 27, 2008

it's still not spring

Thursday, March 27, 2008
The thing about Chicago is that once in a while, you get a day that is sunny and inching toward the mid-40's and you start thinking, it's warming up. And then, just when you start thinking about pulling out some warm weather clothes, the weather turns on you. And it snows. Again. It was not too terrible earlier this week, but today, it rained and then turned to snow. I don't mind having bad weather when I am busy, but now that my trial is over and have a week or so before I have to write a brief, I am hoping the days will be nice. A girl can hope, anyway.
I talked to my sister tonight who was feeling a bit sad since Mom went back home Wednesday night...after being with her for a month. Emma is growing, but she is still tiny and technically still 3 weeks shy of when she should have been born, so she is still tiny. I'm kind of sad that I won't see her in person while she is all teeny weeny. She'll probably be much bigger when I see her in May. But she got Sophia's package and I was glad to hear that the preemie outfits we sent her fit her perfectly. I wished my sister and I lived closer together. I was going through stuff on our computer tonight and found pictures of us that I had scanned a while back for a picture quilt that I made for her for Christmas a couple of years ago. They are not straight because I guess they weren't scanned in straight. But they are some of my absolute favorite photos of me with my sister. In the pictures with food, I am the one with food, or clearly upset that I have none.

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates