Monday, February 25, 2008

the indoor pool and another missing tooth

Monday, February 25, 2008

When we got home tonight, we had a couple of fun things in store for us. First, Nicholas lost another tooth while at school. He said it happened in class and he told his teacher and everyone was really excited for him. He said he showed everyone and he said it was pretty cool that everyone thought it was cool. He assured me that he brought the tooth home and wondered if the tooth fairy would leave him $2 this time since it was his second tooth. I told him that I was pretty sure that it was still just a buck a tooth. He seemed mildly disappointed. The funny thing is that when Nicholas told us he lost another tooth, Sophia piped in, "me, too!" And insisted that I take a picture of her "missing tooth" as well.

Next, the kids informed us that they had built a pool in the living room. They had taken all the blue blankets and laid them down on the floor and created indoor swimming pools. Sophia started out jumping into her pool and then coming back out to tell me that she couldn't swim by herself. She wanted me to jump in with her. We held hands and she counts, "one, phree, two" and jumps--and I mean really jumps--in with her knees bent. Then we all had to wiggle around the blanket "swimming." It was pretty cute. Well, she was cute. I kept laying down and telling her that I was just floating. She seemed to buy that. Nicholas then decided that a swimming pool was no good without a diving board, so he pulled up the two little chairs and that was their diving board. He also did a good imitation of penguins swimming and flapping around. He's pretty hilarious.

Sophia then decided that she was tired to just swimming and got her little picture book and was looking at it while floating on her back. In the video, you'll notice her sort of wiggling her butt around while lying on her back. This is the floating. And throughout, you'll also notice her saying that she's swimming in her "purple swim soup"--referring to her swim suit. (I apologize for the sideway video...)

I realized later when the kids went to bed that the front patio blinds were still open. If anyone on the street or the sidewalk looked up into our window, they were probably wondering what we were doing, all jumping in and writhing around on the floor. But seeing that the weather was getting colder again and we are supposed to have 6 to 8 inches of snow tonight, it was nice that the kids took us swimming.

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates